Empire Property Holdings was incorporated as a special purpose vehicle, to acquire commercial properties for development into residential accommodation by the Developer, Empire Property Concepts.
Empire Property Holdings is born out of Empire Property Concepts. Empire Property Concepts was set up by Director, Paul Rothwell, in September 2009.
Having already completed his first property investment at University & developed a portfolio with his brother Adam, Paul wished to make his property development formal as a company but also seek investors to provide his services to.
Empire’s progress has been strong, even against the backdrop of difficult economic & property market conditions respectively. The company has continued to market itself well & attract new investors to aid its growth.
Since its inception Empire has grown the product offering to consultancy, Joint Ventures (JVs) and Loans for Property. The latter is used to facilitate the development of projects to be retained as an investment within a special purpose vehicle, and then refinanced to return investors funds.
Empire seeks to market to new investors, and deal with the administration & development cost collection only. Empire has also expanded its team in terms of management, build management, accounts & administration.
Empire is currently developing & managing properties for Paul, his family, DPIL & DPDL, & private consultancy clients. He currently has 600 units under management to include the various aforementioned portfolios & consultancy clients.
Empire has recently developed a 25 unit permitted development conversion called Britannia Inn in Balby, Doncaster, 12 months after acquisition.
Done Deal 1 – York House, Doncaster
- Purchase price: £400,000
- Development costs: (29 x £31k) £900,000
- Total cost (including interest): £1,500,000
- Income: £180,000
- Valuation based on 10% yield: £1,800,000
- Refinance exit (70% LTV): £1,260,000
Done Deal 2 – Weston House, Doncaster
- Purchase price: £455,000
- Development costs: (62 x £30k) £720,000
- Total (including interest): £1,250,000
- Income: (24 x £125 x 52) £156,000
- Commercial Income: (4x£10,000) £40,000
- Valuation based on 10% yield: £1,960,000
- Refinance exit (70% LTV): £1,372,000
Done Deal 3 – Britannia Inn, Balby, Doncaster
- Purchase price: £160,000
- Development costs: (25 x £30k) £750,000
- Total cost (including interest): £1,100,000
- Income: £162,500
- Valuation based on 10% yield: £1,625,000
- Refinance exit (70% LTV): £1,137,500
For further information about our track record please see our Done Deals.